Recipes info for every recipe review
Cooking: 50 minutes
Category: Dessert (Everyday Cooking)
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 1 pound chopped pistachio and almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 inch fresh piece orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Butter the bottoms and sides of a 9x13 inch pan
- Combine the water and rose water in a small spritz bottle and set aside.
- Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon. Set aside. Unroll phyllo dough. Cut whole stack in half to fit pan. Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Place two sheets of dough in pan, butter thoroughly. Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 2 - 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go. Spritz thoroughly with the rose water. The top layer should be about 6 - 8 sheets deep.
- Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts. Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- Make sauce while baklava is baking. Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Add vanilla, honey, cinnamon stick and orange peel. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it. Let cool. Serve in cupcake papers. This freezes well. Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.
Related Travel Articles in Greece:
I wanted to see the countries around the Mediterranean and started with Crete as it had a climate w ch fringed on the North African as well as the Mediterranean type I was not very interested with the modern resorts that had sprouted up there but wanted to get to know the culture and the people... Read More
Athens is the legendary place where I yearned to visit A 500mile distance between Athens and Romanian Capital of Bucharest is seemingly 5,000 miles apart for an ordinary Romanian girl like me In a communist country like Romania ruled by a longrunning regime of Nicolae Ceausescu, travelling outside... Read More
Mykonos in Santorini, Greece is on my list as one of the places I want to explore at least once in my lifetime Having seen movies set on t s charming island with beautiful sunsets all the more inspire me to pursue my dream of reac ng it one day That dream came true when my husband surprised me with... Read More
Greece is certainly a formidable country with a gh delight in tourism It is truly a country worth of adventuring Greece has lots of attraction that will be the best you can ever find in the world There are lots of incredible cities, mountains, museums and art sites You will definitely have a superb... Read More